Vintage Royalty

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Dark & Serious





Ashley Olsen...the cooler of the two (just my personal opinion) poses for V Man magazine in the Summer 2009 issue. She talks to designer Marc Jacobs about her new Men's line for The Row and the differences between her and Mary-Kate. In case you guys didn't know, Ashley is now a full-time fashion designer and Mary-Kate has decided to still pursue an acting career.

Ashley states, On designing for The Row:

"The way I look at it, I had a career as a child. I had a career in an industry in which the media kind of. . . they're obsessed with the young girl thing. But when I turned 18, I moved to New York, and I haven't really done anything to be a celebrity. I've been transitioning from acting as a kid to doing something that I'm choosing for myself — to be a part of the fashion industry. . . the outside perception is very different because you do have celebrity brands, people like Jessica Simpson and Kimora Lee Simmons, and those are celebrity brands because they have their names on them."
On being different from her twin sister:

"When I was 14, 15, 16, 17, it was harder because the two of us were still very similar. We had to work through what's special about us, and then the media had to work through it. . . I've never been one to engage the media to say that I'm different. I actually did the opposite and I totally went internal. I was like, "See y'all!" I want to be behind the scenes, and I don't want people to know anything about my personal life. I have a job, I take it very seriously, and I work really hard."

Read more on Ashley and The Row in V Man Magazine...hitting a Borders near you this Thursday. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...