Vintage Royalty

Monday, March 16, 2009

Paper Chains Are Cool Again....well sort of.




WARNING: This will be one of the many articles on Marc Jacobs and Louis Vuitton Fall 2009 RTW.

So, Louis Vuitton just wrapped up Paris Fashion Week for the Fall 2009 Ready-to-Wear collections and I loved everything. This particular blog however is just on the statement necklaces. They looked like the chain Christmas decorations you used to have to make in the 3rd grade. I remember I thought I was so cool because I made they in descending colors, starting with Black and fading all the way to light purple. Needless to say, this show confirms that I'm not a nerd and that paper chains are cool.

Marc Jacobs, head designer for Louis Vuitton, did a twist on the chains by making them in genuine leather, a long with chain leather belts. I wonder where he thinks of this stuff. Who would think of making a paper arts and crafts project circa 1991, into luxurious leather chains suitable for the most prestigious leather brand company in the world? I guess that's why he makes all the big money. Stay tuned for the price of these bad boys...I'm sure it won't be anything short of a few stacks.

For more information go to www.style.com. Pictures provided by www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...