Vintage Royalty

Friday, January 30, 2009

Hale, King Louis


Oh Kanye. As much as I love you, those who do not get your genetic makeup, may not understand why I like you the way I do. While others see it as arrogance, I see it as a large, beautiful ego.

As B. has so annoyingly said on her latest LP, Ego:
“He got a big ego, such a huge ego
I love his big ego, it's too much
He walk like this 'cause he can back it up”

(That is the only time I will quote that girl by the way…)

Anyways, Kanye was asked by Louis Vuitton to create a limited edition sneaker for the luxury brand. Kanye posted on his blog this past weekend, (rubbing it in for us mortals), "So I asked myself this question, and you can ask yourself the same: Who do you know with two thumbs and his own Louis shoe? This guy!"

He designed a monochrome mid-top sneaker with a quilted flap in the back perfected for tucking your jeans. The Louis Vuitton “Boat Shoe” comes in 6 sample colors designed with LV, and is made of suede and leather. West also stated that the red shoe ripped the runway open, “like an instant tattoo.”

Kanye then surprisingly announced that to help him become a successful clothing designer, he is going to skip across the pond to get a fashion internship in London - allowing his music career to take a backseat.

And in case you thought West was maybe growing up and becoming less arrogant, he also stated he had to change his name. He said that he had been known as the “Louis Vuitton Don” as Kanye West, but since the collaboration with Louis is like putting a crown on a king, well the name must fit.

He says: “Due to what has happened so severely when the red shoes hit the runway, I was forced to change my name to Martin Louis the King Jr. Address me as such."

Hats off to Louis the King Jr. I hope he doesn’t expect a parade in his honor. Unless he’s already asked.


See the entire Louis Vuitton Men’s Fall 2009 collection www.style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...