Vintage Royalty

Monday, February 9, 2009

I'll Read It If I Want To...


So you know how sometimes growing up you wanted to play with the boys and jump around and run like them too? I mean, I wasn't a tomboy at all, but I am the type of girl that says "Anything you can do I can do better." I still say that shit all the time. To the point where, guys are a little scared of me. :)

Anyway, for those of you who don't know, NYLON is my fav fashion magazine. And a few years ago, they came out with NYLON Guys. In the title, it strictly says, "Not for Girls." But because they say I can't read it, I read it...cover to freakin' cover. I used to talk to this guy who loved that magazine, and I would act like I was buying it for him, but it was really for me. I don't really know why, because it's not like I'm going to buy anything in there...but I just couldn't resist.

This month, they have my favorite pretty boy Pharrell Williams on the cover...and he looks so cute. On NYLON Tv they show the photoshoot and a little bit of the interview. He talks about growing up in a middle-class family, and not being able to afford all the stuff he wanted. Williams would say if 'I had those shoes, I would want them in purple, and yellow, and polka dot.' He said it was because he couldn't have everything he wanted. And this thirst for 'material things' has fueled his success.

I feel like, OMG, I am the same way! I am often saying, if I had this or that, that I would want it in every color and texture and size... (This has fueled my credit card debt)
Now I don't know if thats because I'm greedy and a shop-a-holic, but I do want everything I see. And I want it in every color. (Men included)

So I guess the main reason why I'm blogging this is to say ladies, grab whatever the F you wanna grab...including NYLON Guys. It may not be for girls, but who cares. If you're nosy like me and love clothes and music, then its perfect. And they always have sexy boys on it and in it. So just squeeze yourself in the middle, and make a man-sandwich.

That sounds like a party to me...

Find out more about Pharrell Williams and NYLON Guys at www.nylonguysmag.com and you might as well get a subscription to NYLON which is the best damn magazine ever invented.


Picture provided by www.nylonguysmag.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...