Vintage Royalty

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby, can you hold my purse?



I know you men hate when your girl asks you to hold her purse...but, what if you had one of your own?

It’s time. It’s time for men to embrace fashion trends. It’s time for them to accept that things are changing and life is too short to be uptight. What am I talking about?

Man Bags.

Man Bags have been trickling on the runway for a few years now, but men don’t seem to be jumping at the idea. I’m going to be psychologist Doctor Gossip today and see if I can figure out why men don’t like man satchels.
I think it’s because your macho man feels like they may look a little “feminine” carrying a man purse. To the contrary my friend, I think man bags are sexy. Especially the ones made of leather and studs, and other manly appliqués. I would love to be walking down the street with my boyfriend, and not a have purse, and have him holding my big fat wallet, and makeup, and water bottle, and magazine, and ballet flats, and cell phone, and lunch. (Yes all of this is in my bag currently)
Now I know men are like, no way. But try it out. I bet you’ll love having everything at your disposal. Especially you guys that are way too cool for a book bag or messenger bag. How else are you going to carry all of your shit? Huh?

So for the men who are willing to give it a try, I have listed a few places where you can take a gander.

Top design houses like Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, Gucci, Fendi, and Iceberg, just to name a few, have done beautiful Man Bags for Spring 09. And for the more cost conscious men out there, there are also stores like Diesel, H&M, American Apparel, and Urban Outfitters that have some versions for you.

Try it… you’ll love it. And you won’t look like Zoolander, I promise.


Pictures provided by http://nymag.com and images are from Iceberg and Salvatore Ferragamo Spring 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...