Vintage Royalty

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Zara, Are you Lost???


When visiting New York a few years ago, I discovered the store Zara. I had heard about the store-chain many times in my fashion school classes and research, but never visited the store. I instantly fell in love with the layering techniques they have mastered, the mesh between hobo and street chic. The store reminded me of a more fashion forward H&M, a more expensive Forever Twenty One, and a less revealing Bebe.
So to my surprise, Zara has opened its door in my native Chicago. I was more than pleased when I heard about this wonderful happening, until I found out where they actually opened the store….Skokie!
For those of you not from Chicago, Skokie is a north suburb of Chicago, maybe 25 minutes by car from the Loop in downtown Chicago. Why would you take forever to come to Chicago, and then open in Skokie? Away from everything cool. We have the Louis Vuitton store, we have Prada, and we even have Marc by Marc Jacobs in Chicago, so why would Zara feel the need to go up north?
Anyway, if you feel like driving all the way up to Skokie, practically Wisconsin…be my guest. I’m sure you won’t be disappointed. For Fall 2008, Zara has created and perfected its wonderful layering techniques, voluminous shapes, asymmetry, and grunge inspired clothes. The collection is sure to please experts like Comme des Garcons, Martin Margiela, and Marc Jacobs just to name a few.
The address to Zara is below for my Chicagoans and for all other locations go to www.zara.com. I’m going to have to call off work one of these days and take a travel kit and go. I’m from the south suburbs so it will take me at least 4 years to get there.
Enjoy!

4999 Old Orchard Center
Skokie, IL 60077
(847) 329-0808

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...