Vintage Royalty

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Organically Tested Tried and True



Ok so I’ve heard of Covet me, covet yours, covet now….but alas there is Covet this, the world renowned organic clothing line for men and women. Now, the line is called Covet which is not Sarah Jessica Parkers perfume, but the best damn organic thing since wheat bread. Actually I think these clothes might be healthier for you and better for the environment.

I must admit when I first saw this line I didn’t say to myself, I must get this because its eco-friendly and I’ll be helping the world. The clothes are freaking wonderful. In fact, I didn’t even know the line was Organically based, with natural fibers and honestly I didn’t care. The clothes are made well, look great, and accentuate my butt the way it should.
All jokes aside, your going to want to help the universe when you try on these clothes and feel what organic-cotton, hemp, and bamboo is like on your skin. Nothing itches, nothing pulls, and no animals died in the process.

To break it down, Covet was developed by designer Tara St. James and the line is based out of Canada. Covet was inspired by the Japanese culture with a hidden bondage look throughout the line. St. James focused on having a mixture between soft and hard, delicate and tough, feminine and masculine. This balance is what the line stands for. They aren’t like other lines that just do organic t-shirts and thinks it’s saving the world. Covet still incorporates style and unique detailing that sets it aside from everyone else. Some of the details that I especially enjoy are the intentional mis-matched sleeves and buttons, the high-waisted wide leg pants, and the off-the-shoulder sweaters. And one of the coolest things is that one piece has a million and one different ways to wear it. Hoodies can be flipped upside down, scarves can be worn as vests, and shirts can be worn like skirts. Who else can say that? It’s like getting 100 pieces for the price of 35. Dang!

St. James designed the line to be comfortable, roomy, and avant garde; like a mix between the grunge era and M.C. Hammer sprinkled with Stella McCartney. This line is for the girl who is distinctive, beautiful, and stylish and for the guy who likes to look different than all of his friends. Remember the most important thing about Covet is its single fight to help save the world. But don’t hate me for just caring about the clothes…their just so damn cool.

Visit them at www.covetthis.com with a listing of stores and for everything else you might have wanted to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...