Vintage Royalty

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ode to Marc.



I cannot help but to love Marc Jacobs. He can do no wrong in my eyes. Each collection he seeps out of his mind is genius. His latest Spring 09 RTW collection was like looking into the past of a classy, eclectic, eccentric gypsy woman. Every piece was colorful and carefully put together to form this being of vintage beauty. She looked like she got her outfit handmade in India 30 years ago. Layer after layer after layer proved to be more detailed and intricate than the last. Hats, scarves, bracelets, necklaces, hair bows, cardigans, jackets, blouses, skirts, pants, belts...WOO!

There are Asian influences, mixed with African Ethnic influences, mashed with American Prairie girl, and Indian detailing. A United World of Fashion and Style.

I'm exhausted and excited for more all at the same time. Is February here yet so I can see what he's going to do next. I have a feeling Fall 09 will be the same rich color palette but even more layers, oversize knits, wide stirrup pants, rich leathers, velvets, and suedes....

Sorry I'm forecasting, I'm so impatient.

I Heart Marc. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...