Vintage Royalty

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Smells Like Teen Spirit.


Oldie but Goodie.

Where were you in '92? With Paris Fashion Week in full swing, I couldn't help but to reminiscence about my first days in fashion. I think it was around 1992 when I started watching Fashion File and Fashion Television early Saturday mornings, while other kids watched cartoons. I don't really remember what I was watching...but I knew, that I was in love.

So naturally, I went back to the Marc Jacobs for Perry Ellis days. Classic Grunge. Classic '92. Classic Marc. Don't forget, he got fired for his "shocking" collection in 1992...which was probably the best thing that could have ever happened for him. He was hired shortly after by the biggest luxury brand in history, aka Louis Vuitton.

Enjoy a Blast from the Past.
Marc Jacobs for Perry Ellis Spring/Summer 1992



Video not of Infamous Grunge Collection.

Read a little more of Marc's journey through fashion at www.nymag.com
(link directly in the title)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Mind...